Terms and Conditions
CITY OF LONDON
PUBLIC CALL-OUT WEBSITE
Terms and Conditions of Use
Celebrating City Women is a website designed to support a public callout for nominations of significant women from history who have contributed positively to the City of London, London generally, the UK or the wider world.
The purpose of this website is to enable people to nominate women they think should be recognised. It also enables the wider public to read nominations and learn more about the women who have shaped the City of London.
This website is the property of the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London (‘City Corporation’) of PO Box 270, Guildhall, London EC2P 2EJ.
By using this Celebrating City Women website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
The City Corporation’s website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis.
The City Corporation makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy of the information on the website, whether expressed or implied. If warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
None of the City Corporation, its members, officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any claims, losses, damages or expenses of any kind, including without limitation any direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential damages, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, or claims by third parties howsoever arising (except for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the City Corporation or that of its members, officers, employees or agents) in connection with the copying or use of any information or material contained in or referred to on this website or otherwise from the use of this website.
The City Corporation is not responsible for the content of external websites that link to or are linked from this website.
COPYRIGHT AND RELATED RIGHTS
All content, designs, text, graphics, photographs, images, software compilations and source codes on this website are the copyright of and proprietary to the City Corporation and/or its content providers.
Users are prohibited from reproducing all or any part of the content of this website in any form other than for individual use only. The content may not be recopied and shared with a third party, except as set out in the User and Submitted Content, below. The permission to recopy does not allow for the incorporation of material in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Any other use of the website without prior written consent from the City Corporation is strictly forbidden.
USER and SUBMITTED CONTENT
By sending any text, images, audio, video or other content to this website you grant to the City Corporation a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and use the content (or any part of it, as such may be edited, cropped or modified by the City Corporation, in its absolute discretion) on this website, and on or in other City Corporation websites and publications, in any media, at any time.
The City Corporation may require you to confirm the rights granted and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to the City Corporation. You also agree that any user of this website may use the content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
You (or the copyright owner) are and remain the owner of the copyright in your submitted content and are free to republish it wherever you (or the copyright owner) so wish.
All material must comply with the User’s Content Pages and Rules of Acceptable Use, set out below.
USER’s CONTENT PAGES and RULES OF ACCEPTABLE USE
The User’s Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of this website where you are able to post material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment.
Use of the website that is inconsistent with the User’s Content Pages and Rules of Acceptable Use is prohibited. You agree and are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts), the following:
- not to post any material (or use any user-name) which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate; or which might bring the City Corporation into disrepute.
- not to post any material which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which by its nature is confidential.
- not to post any material which compromises or is invasive of the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and you confirm that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child) who appears, or is referred to, in the material posted by you on the website up to and including its publication by the City Corporation in accordance with these terms.
- not to use multiple log-ins or post duplicate, repetitive or trivial content or content which does not relate to the applicable discussion thread.
- not to place any material which may encourage criminal conduct, or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- not to place any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- not to place any material whose publication by the City Corporation may give rise to any third-party claims.
- not to place any links where those links take users to unlawful material.
- not to place advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use this website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- not to place any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of this website or servers or networks connected to this website.
- that the City Corporation accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on this website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- to indemnify the City Corporation, its members, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this website, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
REFUSAL, REMOVAL AND/OR EDITING OF CONTENT
The City Corporation may not view, edit or preview any contribution that you or anyone else makes to this website and therefore you cannot assume that the City Corporation is responsible for having made it available on the website. The City Corporation, and others that it designates, shall however have the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse, remove or edit any content that is posted to, or available on, this website without notice or the need to give any reasons for doing so.
OBJECTIONS to CONTENT
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this website you should inform the City Corporation by sending an email to [email protected] and the City Corporation will take whatever action it deems appropriate.
The City Corporation may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself (‘Registration Data’) as requested by the registration form; and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to [email protected] to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.